So now our Self-Signed Certificate is apparently expiring and I have NO IDEA what that means. Any googling of this quickly gets into going-over-my-head territory. Can someone please explain what I have to do and what is in danger of happening if I don't do it? Here's the message:
You have one or more certificates in your Salesforce org Tin Roof Global 00D6100000084nr that will expire soon. Review the list below and visit Certificate and Key Management from Setup to make an update.
I have gone to Certificate and Key Management and have downloaded the .crt file but am really unsure what I am supposed to do with it!
Thanks in adavance
There are few places where a sefl-signed certificate could be used.
1. Identify Provider - If you are using SFDC as IDP for Single Sign On. You can find it under Setup >> Administer >> Security Controls >> Identity Provider.
2. Single Sign-On Settings - If you are using SFDC as Consumer for Single Sign On. You can find it under Setup >> Administer >> Security Controls >> Single Sign-On Settings.
If your certificate is used in one of the above places, it is quite intuitive to edit this screen and replace the certificate.
3. Installed Packages / Connected Apps.
Some of the third party apps could use your Self-Signed Certificates (Environment Hub is an example).
You can look at them in Setup >> Build >> Installed Packages
I suggest you go through them one at time and find out if they use your certificate.
Connected Apps will be same procedure as above. But you will find the connected apps under Setup >> Manage Apps >> Connected Apps.
Hope this helps.
You can merge any object and keep the relevant related records with the following app, you can also tell the app to run your custom merge rules automatically:
I am a administrator and I have a user is unable to create a new MC Campaign. The error the user gets is:
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
I have enabled create and edit settings for this object on the users profile however this has not solved the issue. If I move the user to the System Adminstrator profile then she can create a new Campaign. When I move her back to her own profile then she cant. The user has Marketing User selected on her own profile so that rules that out.
Anyone have any ideas what I need to enable on the users profile to get this to work?
Unfortunately not without Flow or Trigger.
If you have enabled shared activities i.e. relating multiple contacts to a single task/event, the data is saved in the EventRelation or TaskRelation objects and this objects is not available through Process Builder.
You can access this object through Flows.
1.From the Event object management settings, go to Page Layouts and click New.
2.Select Event Layout from the Existing Page Layout dropdown list.
3.In the Page Layout Name field, enter Showing Layout.
Can anyone please explain the use of VLOOKUP() function in salesforce with a good example, other than the common ZIP_CODE_c ?
As I am new to salesforce, this function is very confusing for me.
Forget about the Zip Code example. Lets take an another one for now.
Suppose that you are creating Employee(a custom object) records in the SF org. Now since Employees are very important records, you do not want the users to create duplicate Employee again and again. For example, say one User already created an Employee Record with name - Arpita Bose. Now, an another User who does not know about this tries to create an another Employee record with the same name - Arpita Bose. and hence there is a potential duplication. This should not be allowed.
So you have two options now:
- Add a Validation Rule on the Employee which checks whether there are any existing Employee records with the same name if so stop the User from saving it. Here comes the role of VLOOKUP.
- Create an Apex Trigger(before Insert, before Update) which runs a SOQL query to get all the Employee records in the Org with same name as of the one thats getting created now. If the number of records is 1 then stop the User from creating the Employee using an addError method. This will require considerable development effort.
(2) $ObjectType.Employee__c.Fields.Name ,
Now, our basic requirement is to check if an another Employee with the same Name exists or not. So its obvious we are looking into the Name field. The logic is quite simple compare the Name (4) on the Current Record and the Name on that Employee record that matched with the same Name as of the one that we are creating now. Hence we use the equality operator (=).
Lets look into the VLOOKUP side. You could express the VLOOKUP formula as below: "Look into the Name(2) field on all the Employee Records and return value in it's Name (1) field if the it happens to be same as the Name (3) on the Current Record."
The SFDC Document define VLOOKUP as follows:
Points to Remember:
- VLOOKUP only available on Custom Objects. Vote for this idea: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqPs
- VLOOKUP only available in Validation Rules.
- VLOOKUP can only be done on the Name fields.
- The field_to_return must be an auto number, roll-up summary, lookup relationship, master-detail relationship, checkbox, date, date/time, email, number, percent, phone, picklist, text, text area, or URL field type.
- The field_on_lookup_object must be the Record Name field on a custom object.
- The field_on_lookup_object and lookup_value must be the same data type.
Hope this helps!
You can do this:
1) Create a Text-'Constant' resource within the flow and store the Queue's developer name.
2) Use a 'Get Records' element to get the Queue record using the 'Group' object like this:
3) Finally when you assign the values to the Case objet, assign the Queue's ID value(from get records element)
I am looking for a way to calculate the week ending date from Today's date - no date field. The date needs to always land on a Saturday.
The below returns the Saturday before today instead of the Saturday proceeding.
TODAY() - MOD(TODAY()- DATE(1900,1,6),7)
Need: Today (Thursday) = 6/25 ---> Week Ending (Saturday) = 6/27
Current: Today (Thursday) = 6/25 ---> Week Ending (Saturday) = 6/20
I just added 2 values to a pick list field 10 mins ago, and am refreshing and refreshing and still it doesn't show the values. I just logged in here, wrote this whole message, and finally now it has updated to show them. So almost 10 minutes hitting refresh at least 10 times before it updated. It's not my PC either as I use 3 different machines, they all do it, Edge, Chrome, etc. I've seen many other people complaining about this but curious how people deal with it.
Enable secure and persistent browser caching to improve performanceUncheck it if it's already checked.
You can find it under Setup-> Session Settings -> Caching section
We are using Field Service Lightning to automatically created PDF "Service Report" files that are generated when a Service Appointment is created. Is there a way to automatically create a shared file link after the PDF report is generated>?